Mga Kainan

Monday, September 18, 2006

Mylk

I haven't tried this resto yet but judging from a friend's experience, I'll probably never eat there.

Name:
MYLK

Where it can be found:
Greenbelt 3

Type of dining place:
upscale

Type of food served:
Italian/fusion

Upside:
Good service because of few customers

Downside:
see honest experience

Budget for 1 person:
250 is the minimum

Must try:
none that I can dare think of

Honest experience:
Fans of MYLK (if there are any), I’m sorry to say that this restaurant is probably the worst in the Greenbelt 3 strip. Believe me, this restaurant offers nothing spectacular in its menu. I once ate there with my sister and 2 of my cousins on a Saturday night with no choice because most of the restaurants nearby were full. It was raining that night and the stomachs of my companions were rumbling. Fortunately for me, I had a grande frapuccino and a chunk of banoffee pie at Starbucks earlier so I wasn’t really desperate for dinner. The only restaurant with no waitlisted customers was MYLK so we entered with a slight hesitation just so we had a place to sit and a little bit of ambience. My sister and I ordered the pesto cream pasta (around 220-250 bucks – forgive me for my short-term memory), my cousin ordered the Ceasar salad (200 bucks more or less) and my other cousin ordered the ostrich (a little more than 400) which was supposedly the specialty of MYLK. My cousin who ordered the salad wasn’t thrilled when she saw the food; it consisted of only a few lettuce pieces and drippy ceasar dressing. She should just have ordered 2 chicken ceasar salads at KFC instead and get her money’s worth! My other cousin who ordered the ostrich was quite disappointed as well. His food was still very raw and bloody. Although he specified it to be cooked medium, it is my understanding that for fowls, it should be cooked well because of possible viruses or bacteria that can contaminate the person eating it. For a medium cooked ostrich, I imagine it to be a little pinkish on the inside but definitely not bloody. During our wait, my sister was worrying that our pasta might not be enough for the two of us even though I kept insisting that I was still full. So to shut her up, I just let her choose whatever she wanted and she ordered the goddamn kiddie pizza. The pasta was good but nothing spectacular. Forgive my cockiness but I could duplicate it myself. Just chop up some basil, add olive oil and cream, and voila, a 50 bucks pesto cream pasta can be made. Then the kiddie pizza was served and all of us stared at it in disbelief. It looked exactly like the ones being sold by 3M pizza. The crust was still undercooked based from its pale color and chewy texture and they just sprinkled some cheap cheddar cheese over the sweet, ketchupy pizza sauce. I could have sworn they just ordered the pizza frozen and had it reheated when we ordered it. I feel sorry for the little ones who definitely get disappointed when this lousy piece of crap is served to them. The only consolation we had that night was the good service, most probably attributed to the few occupied tables. One thing’s for sure, I’ll never come back to this restaurant again.

1 Comments:

Blogger cathylasam-ballo said...

Yeah, I dislike MYLK as well. And I have other friends with a slew of horror stories from this place - stories of the bug kind.Ugh. I ate at MYLK once and that was it. It was some sort of calamari dish with a teriyaki dip. The squid was too tough.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home